Sunday 16 June 2013

Famous Last Words

I know yesterday's post was kind of morbid.
So today I'm looking into something much more light hearted; people's last words!
It all started after I was looking for a quote from that Antarctica guy ("I'm going for a walk, I may be sometime") and then I found a whole list of people's final remarks. Here are a few of my favourites (if you can call them that!).

"Maybe they only had one rocket" 
Lawrence Beeter, WWII British soldier who was bunkering from enemy artillery. After saying this he peeked over the trench and...well, you know the rest.

"Well gentlemen, you are about to see a baked Appel."
George Appel, a convict who was executed in 1928 by electric chair. Guy had a sense of humour. Not sure he was laughing when he got fried.

"Van Halen!"
Dimebag Darrel, A.K.A. Darrel Abbot playing on stage with Damageplan and introducing the next act before being shot. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the song Jump either.

"Hello."
Graham Chapman of Monty Python said this to his adopted son who had just arrived at the hospital seconds before he keeled over.

"You shot me!"
Sam Cooke, after being shot to death. I suppose you guessed that though.

"Kurt Russell." 
Walt Disney scribbled this on a piece of paper before he died. To this day, nobody knows what he meant by it, not even Kurt Russell, who was 15 at the time. 

"Hey, fellas! How about this for a headline for tomorrow's paper? 'French Fries'!" 
James French, another con who got frazzled in the 'leccy chair. 

"Kiss my ass! You'll never find the rest!"
 John Wayne Gacy, a mass murderer. Gacy's last words before being executed by lethal injection. "The rest" refers to the bodies of his other victims. 

"It's stopped." 
Joseph Henry Green, upon checking his own pulse. He seems pretty chilled considering. 

 "Schnell! Schnell!" 
Irma Greese to her executioner before she was hanged. 

"And now, I am officially dead." 
Abram Hewitt,industrialist. He had just removed the oxygen tube from his mouth in the hospital.

"Kaputt…" 
The Red Baron said this after his plane was shot down and he was pumped in the chest. He lived for 2 minutes afterwards in which he uttered his final words. 

Well, that'll do for now. Sorry for the late post, I've been gone. 
Until next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment