Thursday 13 June 2013

Texting Friends

I face internal conflicts everyday, due to me over-thinking everything.
Sometimes when I'm not at school, I get very lonely.
Thankfully, I have people's mobile telephone numbers. Hooray! All I have to do is send someone a message and we can meet up for a coffee and talk.
So I reach for my phone. But wait.What if the person I want to text is doing something? They won't want to come meet me in town.What if they're in a bad mood and don't want to talk to anyone? Nah, forget it.

Well, I guess I could just start a conversation, right? Ok. What do I send? It has to be something meaningful, or I'm back to the pulling them away from their things.

"Hello!"

That'll do. Now I'll just wait for the other party to start a conversation.

"Hi, what's up?"

Shit, what now? I can't say nothing otherwise the whole conversation leading up to this point is....pointless.

"Just chilling, what about you?"

"Doing some revision. Need to do as much as possible or I'm screwed for this exam"

God damn, I knew it! What a horrible person I am.

"Oh, well good luck."

"Thanks"

So I sigh and put my phone away. Looks like I'm stuck at home again.
Secretly, I'm thrilled that I just interacted with another person.

No comments:

Post a Comment